Oh my god, thanks helpimtrappedontheinternet! I’ve never been asked questions before! This is so exciting!
1. What’s a skill you wish you had?
Some sort of marketable skill.
2. Do you have any hobbies that you don’t talk about much on here? What are they?
I don’t think I talk about any of my hobbies much, but they tend to involve various forms of crafting.
3. What’s the most memorable thing you’ve read?
I love books, but I do not have a very good memory. I know that there have been books that have hit me like a ton of bricks, but I can’t remember what they are right now.
4. What’s the weirdest thing that’s happened in the past month?
Ah! Yesterday I remembered things that other people had forgotten THREE TIMES! Also I won a free candy bar by eating another candy bar!
5. Favorite clothing, whether that’s a general class (ie scarves, shirts, skirts) or a specific item of clothing (ie “that one floral skirt with the roses” or “my pleather skinny jeans”)
Jammy pants. Especially jammy pants that can pass as real pants.
6. Next costume idea (cosplay or halloween or whatever):
I actually don’t have one for this year.
7. Favorite school subject outside of what you study/studied in college
8. What was the last lie you told?
I honestly can’t think of anything (actually honestly) unless it was me saying ‘no, my head feels fine’ when I probably had a pretty bad headache. I say that a lot.
9. What question to you hate to answer?
'What are you going to do after your PhD?'
10. Have you ever gone cow tipping?
11. If you had to be haunted by someone, who would you most want to be haunted by?
UGH. Yes. Lady Gregory can haunt me all she wants. I fucking love that woman. You know when you first hear about a historical figure and you’re like ‘hey, that person was pretty cool’, and then you learn more about them and you’re like ‘oh wait, actually they were a dick’? That has yet to happen with me for Lady Gregory. Jesus Christ, Lady Gregory was classy as fuck and super accomplished and basically without her, the 20th-century Irish Literary Revival would have fallen flat on its face because NO ONE could stand Yeats’s bullshit and Lady Gregory was the only thing keeping that literary ship together and yet she gets NO credit and if you go to her estate at Coole Park (as you should, because it’s gorgeous), it’s all about Yeats and Edward Martyn, with their dude poetry all over the fucking place, and it really makes me mad because of all of the writers I have had to contend with over the course of my PhD research, Lady Gregory is the only one whose shit didn’t make me want to piss on their grave. So I would love to be haunted by her and we could have ghost tea together and she could teach me how to be a badass classy lady.
Okay, so these are my questions, and I’m only tagging waterstreet125 because I don’t think she’s gotten any of these before either. And in deference to her position as official bookstore tumblr, I’m making all my questions about books and also bookstore-friendly.
1) What is the one book on your shelves that you wish everyone who comes in would leave with?
2) If you could excise one character from their respective book, who would it be and why?
3) What is the strangest book you’ve ever seen come through the bookstore?
4) What is your all-time favorite book of all time and forever?
5) Who is the nicest author you’ve met?
6) If you had to reside in a book, Thursday Next-ish, which book would you choose to live in?
7) What is an awesome book from your childhood that you are glad to see is still being sold?
8) If your bookstore were to start any kind of side business (like a coffee shop), what would you want it to be?
9) If booksellers had cool nicknames, like criminals and pirates and boxers, what would yours be?
10) If you could create a new genre by mixing other genres up, what would you do?
11) Who would be the worst fictional character to have as a coworker at a bookstore?